NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Made in the Maritimes

Mostly the weather in the Maritime Provinces was great during my work trip, but there were a few exceptions.

slippery conditions in Sydney


When I got off the ferry in Sydney there was 18cm of snow coming down, but it was a Sunday so I got to hunker down in my Airbnb and wait it out.

MacIntosh trails, just behind a busy subdivision

And after that Nova Scotia was sunny days with low winds for the most part. There was a foggy hike I took in Spryfield just outside Halifax that was the exception, but it was due to all the snow melting from warmer temperatures so no complaints!


My favorite stop was the little town of Annapolis Royal, where the doctor's office was closed so I wandered under the sun instead.


I bought a knit hat at The Courtyard artist gallery and had a lovely chat with a lady who was originally from Newfoundland.  I ran into Newfies everywhere I went, it seems a lot have migrated to the Maritimes over the years.


I gave her a painted rock (after all, we felt like friends when I left!) and I left one on a chair along the boardwalk for someone else to find.

Annapolis royal boardwalk

There were a few lovely shops but I only had time to stop in one more so I thought I would see what the Lucky Rabbit tile shop had to look at. I missed the handmade bags, but the one shown on their web page is gorgeous so I will make sure to consider them when I return.


Beautiful work in all shapes and sizes, and all the bright colors after a short walk in the sun was just what I needed to push on and continue driving.


The only other place I stopped and did some shopping in Nova Scotia was at The Tangled Garden just outside of Wolfville.

Too pretty to eat!

They sell jams, jellies and anything else that an herb would make better.  They also have a tea room open in the summer, and I'm sure a stroll through their gardens is like a piece of heaven on earth.

I bought some liquers and of course some jam

I made it back to Newfoundland last night, and today I push on to home where I will wait out the coronavirus by painting lots of rocks. A few more posts to follow with what I saw in the Maritimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment