NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sweet Angeline's in Richmond, Illinois

When my neighbor and I went for a walk on the trail going through the town of Richmond about a week ago, we discovered that a new baker has set up shop. They even let us sample some of the mango cake with cream cheese frosting, and that was all it took to get me hooked!























I decided to buy four different treats to bring home and try.  I got the cinnamon roll, a mango mini-cake, the chocolate cupcake and the mint cupcake. They were all sinfully delicious, but the mint cupcake was my favorite. Everything was so good that the chocolate came in last...definitely not how it usually goes!  She also serves pannini sandwiches and sometimes homemade soup and I'm looking forward to stopping in for lunch sometime, too.


 Margie and I stopped in again today to celebrate my birthday, and I couldn't resist coming home with another box full of goodies! I got the mint cupcake, the cinnamon roll, the bourbon vanilla cupcake and decided to try a spinach-swiss croissant as well.  I tried the pecan roll today with a cup of tea outside for our celebration, and Margie had the chocolate cupcake with buttercream frosting and an expresso bean on top.  It was good...but the mint cupcake still wins, hands down!


 I just couldn't resist writing up an entry about Angela's goodies and hope she is successful in her new business and that I'll be tempted for a long time with her bake shop just minutes from my home!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh ... yummmm! Glad you shared the goodies so we can drool over them :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pam, You asked me to take some pics of the flowering blueberry bushes here in Maine and I did, but can't find an email address to send them to you. If you'd like, send me an email via the address on my blog and I'll be happy to send you the pictures. Or if you don't mind your email address being on my blog, just add it as a comment! Sharon

    ReplyDelete