NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Oh that Nonesuch Shale!

The nonesuch shale contains layers of gray to black shale, siltstone and sandstone as well as deposits of copper.  I tried to find more information than this on the internet....but what I found was so snore inducing that I won't trouble you with it  Let's just say it was fun to walk on and I liked the way the shale broke off in large flat pieces.  Lots of geometric visual punch, much more fun than plain sand!  Hope you enjoy looking at it as much as we did while we were in the Keeweenaw Penninsula area of Michigan!


I swear I did not arrange this composition, nature did!

Was walking along, looked down, and there was my name!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for explaining nonesuch shale. You mentioned it the other day and that was a new one to me.

    Love the photos.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete