NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Mural Monday MLK Two-Fer

There was a very large mural painted by Louis Desarte at the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site in Atlanta. Click on the link...it's a great story! The 125 foot mural in Peace Plaza is so immense that I just photographed two separate sections that particularly moved me.  Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!  If you want to see more murals, head on over to Mural Monday.





5 comments:

  1. What fine piece. Hope that it continues to be well taken care of and remain in good shape.

    Thank you for sharing. Please have you all a good Tuesday.

    daily athens photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a struggle that is still going on today. PS: How did you Newfies end up in Wisconsin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afterward we were discussing the discrimination that is still there, though much improved since it is less institutionalized. I was born in Newfoundland but my father was an American in the Navy and my mother was a Newfie. My husband is born and bred and I dragged him away! I see you're from Ontario...of course we both have people out that way. I can't wait to give your blog a look-see!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know about this memorial. Thank you for the education via your post. Did visit the Civil Rights Museum at the Loraine Motel in Memphis. A moving experience as I imagine this one to be. Thank you for contributing to Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Mural ... you can be sure I will be stopping by to photograph it when we get that way.

    ReplyDelete