NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Almost Spring Hitch Itch

Been busy all week with work and my parents.  I got my new camera lens in the mail but haven't taken it out for a spin yet.  We had two days this week the temps got over forty but the forecast shows we won't see that again until Tuesday.  After that it's a steady gradual climb to above 50F!  I don't know what we'll all do around here.  Probably break out the tank tops and flip flops.  Wayne's been talking about getting the fifth wheel out of the back yard every day and starting the spring shakedown.  I think hitch itch has set in for him...for me it never goes away.


I used to grumble that we didn't leave it in the driveway all winter, now I'm happy it sits out back so I don't see it all the time.  I don't drive in that direction when I leave the house and I can't see it out any of the 3 windows I ever look out of so I'm not reminded of what I'm missing.  It sits adjacent to our neighbor's garage, one of Wayne's favorite hangouts when he's not in an ice shack over the winter.


Most of our snow has melted with the days we've gotten over 40F here and there.  I forgot what the ground looked like.  Something else I'm not used to seeing - blue skies and sunshine!  Forecast today high of 29F with mostly sunny skies.  Still too cold for a walk with the wind, but I just got back from the gym and after I eat my turkey gouda panini I'll take a sunny drive down into the suburban Sunday madness to get a few things at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.  Cory's favorite Trader Joe's item is their peanut butter cups, Wayne's is their frozen haddock filets and mine is their frozen mac 'n cheese or maybe their oranges.  What's your favorite Trader Joe's find?

3 comments:

  1. Now you're making me wish I knew where to find a Trader Joe's ;)
    I am with you on being excited about seeing un-snow-covered ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is still in storage, not seen it for a couple of months

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your weather is warming up finally! Hope you get some camping trips in soon. Mmmm...I love everything at Trader Joe's but their Christmas cookies are my faves. That are their "three buck Chuck" wine.

    ReplyDelete