NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Monday, April 7, 2014

The Mighty Book-Reading Dragons

Been wondering where I've been?  No place exciting, that's for sure.  The weather has finally come out of hibernation here and I went for my first outdoor walk yesterday that  I didn't have to bundle up for.  It was only down to the lake and back but it's a start.  I went to the Ortho last week due to some recurring pain I've been having on the ball of my foot.  With my upcoming trip to Gatlinburg only 2 weeks away I had to make sure I didn't have something serious brewing.  The pain recently started happening almost every day instead of just occasionally and yes, it most likely is a fracture.  The tibial sesamoid of my left foot is either fractured or I am part of the 10% of the population who has sesamoid biparitae, which is where it formed two separate smaller sesamoid bones.  It's difficult to tell on the xrays, but the doc seems to think the fracture is a possibility because the crack looks "cloudy" which would indicate it's trying to heal and fill in. 



Either way, treatment is the same and due to my high arch on that foot I'm a prime candidate for recurring sesamoiditis so I ordered some dancer's pads and babying the ball of my foot while trying to support my arches is part of my new injury-prevention program.  Does it never end? For now I'm stuck in a boot, which I removed yesterday for my walk and just didn't "roll" forward onto the ball of my foot.  No running for awhile, which I am okay with.  Maybe I'll even look for a new sport instead, who knows?  I've only been running 2 miles at a time 2 or 3 times a week anyway, but it is a good way to keep fit in the gym over the winter.


While driving around Reno we saw these two enchanting murals at Hunter Lake School.  


I thought the dragon was a good fit for Monday Mural today due to the season 4 premiere of "Game of Thrones" last night.  Great scene at the top of the episode of Dany with her dragons.  Maybe the dragon in the mural should check out the "Game of Thrones" series of books to read.



I also watched the season finale of "Shameless".  I've been predicting Ian's situation all season.  Kind of recognized the signs considering what we have going on here at home.  Great episode, especially that surprise at the end, right?

5 comments:

  1. Foot injuries are the worst! I had bunion surgery on my left foot seven years ago, and sadly, I've come to realize it's time to do the right one....going to see my podiatrist today. The hard part is trying to find a time of the year that I can be out of commission. Don't want to miss the ski season, but don't want to miss summer and fall hikes either. Good luck with your foot, and hope it heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dragon reminds me of my boys' elem school...they were the dragons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your foot problems sounds painful, and so difficult to get around when you are in such pain.
    Love the dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, the agony of da feet! Bad feet are enough to make a person crazy. You have my deepest sympathy for your troubles and my sincere hopes for a speedy recovery. After 3 foot surgeries on my two feet I can relate!
    The dragon is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being greeted by a sweet, book reading dragon is a perfect way to come to school every day. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural. Good luck with the foot. I can relate.

    ReplyDelete