NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Wisconsin State Park Sampler

I haven't been to as many state parks this summer as I would have liked, but I have stayed at a few in my tent while on the job.

Kohler Andrae in Sheboygan
I'm starting to feel like one of those little silver balls in a pinball machine, bouncing my way up and down Wisconsin at dizzying speeds.

High Cliff

High Cliff is a nice spot to stop near Appleton or one its neighboring towns.  I was there on the 4th of July and actually saw fireworks over Lake Winnebago in the towns of Menasha and Neenah across the way.  Unfortunately the mosquitoes were out so I couldn't linger and enjoy them, but Wayne and I saw them a few days before from our pontoon boat in Twin Lakes so I was okay with that.

Lake Winnebago at sunset

I've stayed at Potawatomi State Park in Sturgeon Bay twice, this last time was kind of a wet experience.

My own lake outside my tent at Potawatomi

I didn't hike there though, I opted for a stroll along the shore at Whitefish Dunes down the road instead.

Whitefish Dunes isn't all sand

It's one of my favorite parks in the state, and I sure wish it had even primitive camping but alas it does not.  Maybe for the best as it keeps it nicer for future generations.

Shore at Whitefish Dunes

The beach there gets a lot of tourist use I guess, I've never been around at "beach" time.  Which is kind of limited on that side of the peninsula since it gets more chilly breezes.


My most recent stay was at Harrington Beach, another beach that is on the chillier side and therefore has a short season.  All the better for me, I ran through the woods and around the quarry lake in my pajama pants yesterday morning and there was nobody around to see me except the turkeys!  All the Wisconsin parks are getting ready to put on their fall colors, and crisp blue skies are ahead as well.  I wish camping season lasted longer up here in the north...


No comments:

Post a Comment