NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Spring in Spring Green

I wanted to stay in Spring Green overnight in May at the end of a work day, but once again the mosquitoes descended upon me the minute I stepped out of my car and those hopes were dashed.


Instead I had to settle for a quick look around the Frank Lloyd Wright Visitor Center across the road from Taliesin. The house tour is something I consider once a year and then discard when I am confronted with the outrageous price of $54 for the 2 hour guided tour.  If you want to tour the entire estate plan to spend $90 each.  Honestly.


There is a restaurant in the Visitor Center, something I was not aware of.  The ceiling was interesting, and the menu was tempting but they had already closed for the day.  Perhaps lunch next time I swing through for work instead of a house tour, they are only open from 10:00 to 4:00 so plan accordingly.


The gift shop was full of many items to ponder, though none worth pulling out my Mastercard.  Lots of books dedicated to Wright's accomplishments and it was a reminder to me to seek some of those places out even if I can only see them from the outside.


There is a lovely view of the river that is responsible for all the mosquitoes from the windows, though I would imagine there are not as many of those winged pests on the water itself so perhaps that is a pleasant way to spend an afternoon as well.


Lots more from my trip to San Diego to come, I've just been too distracted to get it organized!

2 comments:

  1. Seem to remember getting eaten alive by them when I was in Florida years ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are prety stiff prices for a tour. I guess I would just google it and look at the outside:))

    ReplyDelete