NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Friday, April 20, 2012

GSMNP - Roaring Fork Nature Trail or It Was Bound to Happen Sooner or Later

So, here's how the story innocently begins.
Oh, Honey, let's take a drive down the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail!
Maybe we'll see some bears!


We wove in and out through the forest. Look at how beautiful!
Stop the truck! I've just got to take a picture of those wildflowers on the side of the road!


A perfect Trilium specimen! Didn't even have to leave the pavement!
But wait...look at that creek! Okay, Wayne, I'll jump out into the middle of it with you.
But first, you take the tripod and camera.
Here, I'll hand it across to you, because I know I would drop it.
Whew! Can't believe I made that jump!
Thanks for grabbing my hand, Sweetheart, that was a close one.
Thank goodness I didn't try to jump with that camera in my hands!
Well, those shots were disappointing, I guess we'll head back across to the truck.
Gee, that gap sure is scary after I almost fell in the first time.



You all know how this ends, right?
Wayne jumped the gap...holding the tripod and camera (WTF?) and...fell in.
It was bound to happen sooner or later. I just can't believe it wasn't me who did it!


Is this how the story ends? With my faithful companion locked in a ziploc bag full of rice?
Would I have to interrupt my vacation to go buy a new camera due to water damage?
Luckily, after almost 24 hours and a whole day with nothing but a not-as-versatile point and shoot as my companion, it finally turned back on again. Back into the rice it went until the next morning, and it's been shooting faithfully for 48 hours straight again. When we get home I'm sending it in for a full spa treatment! 

1 comment:

  1. Ooops! At least your camera returned to life; I lost a camera body to a rogue wave on a zodiac outing in Antarctica; luckily I had a second body that :-))

    ReplyDelete