NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Friday, August 31, 2012

I'll Gladly Pay You Tuesday for a Hamburger Today

It's been a pretty dry summer here in the midwest, but I was still able to find a few fungi in the northwoods of Minnesota along the hiking trails.



I liked the stacked brown ones because they reminded me of hamburger buns.  All I could think of was the guy from the Popeye cartoon saying "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." Isn't it funny how something like that swims up out of the depths of memory? It's probably been 30 years since I've seen a Popeye cartoon! I can't remember what my kids' first words were, but the words of cartoon characters are apparently important enough to remember forever.

But the one below was definitely my favorite, a real piece of art by Mother Nature.



1 comment:

  1. Great fungi; the layered mushrooms do look like a stack of 'sliders' on a platter :-))

    ReplyDelete