NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Ice Fishing?

It was snow sculpting time again in Lake Geneva.  I happened to be in town to pick up a prescription last weekend and got a quick look at some of the entries.


Life below the water seemed to be a big theme this year, with bird related sculptures coming in a close second.  The Octopus playing chess against the crab took first place.  It was a beautiful piece of whimsy, very deserving of its win.  Sculpting team was from Wisconsin, because we know all about snow and ice!


Either I failed to notice who got second place because I didn't appreciate the subject or it was located elsewhere, but the crabs fighting over what I assume to be a pearl got third place. The sculpting team was from Nebraska.


The school of fish winding around the coral involved some very tricky looking work with a lot of air in between fish that I thought probably increased the difficulty but it didn't place.  Another lovely piece from a Wisconsin team.

photo not taken by me, I stay away from frozen lakes

Speaking of ice and fish, here's how Wayne spent his weekend.  Um, I'll take doing laundry and watching HBO over that, thank you very much!

2 comments:

  1. Quite the complicated snow sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ice sculptures are quite stunning though you can keep ice fishing, I could not think of anything more boring other that sitting by a river doing the same thing

    ReplyDelete