NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Friday, September 14, 2018

I Go, You Go, We all go on the Argo

Back to adventures with Uncle Matt!  One foggy day he loaded some of us up into his Argo and off we went to First Beach in Freshwater.

Leacey, Chris, Cooper and I take the benches, Jack rides up front

Aunt Shirley stayed behind, but we got our time with her later when she picked up pizzas for us and we stuffed ourselves full of Purity Tee-Vee cookies too.

Bye, Aunt Shirley!

Don't feel bad if you are wondering what an Argo is because I had never heard of it either.  It is an off road vehicle that also has amphibious capabilities.  Oh yeah, they take their off road recreation seriously up in Newfoundland!

California girls like Leacey need 2 jackets on foggy days 

Chris and Leacey were laughing so hard bouncing down the steep road to First Beach that I couldn't stop laughing myself just watching them!

Cooper was  more graceful than me, my foot twisted in the gravel and down I went

Uncle Matt loaned Cooper a set of X-Large man sized rubber boots for the occasion but they ended up being a bit too big to handle when we tried to go looking for critters in the kelp beds.


Jack was dealing with a foot in a cast which was putting a cramp in his holiday adventures, so I'm sure he was relieved when Uncle Matt told him to take the wheel and give her a go.


Chris and Leacey showed great parental restraint when they stayed behind while I coaxed Uncle Matt into going out onto the big rocks to look for starfish for Cooper.  Our efforts paid off though, and once the starfish was inspected it was returned to the ocean.

Cooper holds the starfish that Uncle Matt discovered

Well, the fun had just begun because we left the beach rocks and headed out across the bog, churning up peat water and driving right over shrubby alders as if it was as smooth as a road.

View out the back of the Argo as we cut our own path

I wanted Cooper to have a look at some of the remains of the naval base which stretch all the way to the road down to First Beach and ever patient Uncle Matt obliged.


Climb on up there, I said.  I am such a bad influence!


Then I said, climb on down there!


Not a lot to see, lots of junk including a bicycle and some broken glass so maybe not such a good idea to hang out down there after all.


I wonder what they talked about while Cooper and I were snooping around the hillside?


And look, another one practically hidden underfoot, who knows what is under the weeds out here?


Enough codding around, time to get going and this time we'll let Cooper have a turn at the wheel.


Jack may be the one with the driver's license, but Cooper knows how to drive now too!


Get out of the road and back on the Argo!


Adventures take a lot out of ya, and Cooper was soon down for the count on Uncle Matt's couch.


Here's the video I made, and another Argo adventure coming up!



2 comments: