NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Friday, September 28, 2018

Miners Memorial trail Part 2 - Creativity and Serenity

It was a beautiful evening when I started my walk on the trail in Ironwood back in early July, but I didn't know I'd be getting an art show while I walked as a bonus.


Unfortunately I didn't find any information about this display that even had a wind chime.


The park was full of Lupine and other wildflowers, making it a butterfly haven.


So what would be more appropriate than a Butterfly Garden?  Not just for the butterflies, but full of art for the people too!


I could imagine how much young children would enjoy taking a walk and trying to see how many they could find.


The Miners Park Butterfly Garden is officially certified and registered by Monarch Watch, a University of Kansas nonprofit education, conservation, and research program focused on the monarch butterfly, its habitat, and its spectacular fall migration.


I'll have to check my calendar and see if I'll be up that way again during migration!


And with fall color on the way the Upper Peninsula of Michigan makes a great destination.



But I started my fall color watch yesterday in Tomahawk in northern Wisconsin..pictures tomorrow!

1 comment: