NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Four Roses and a Few Antiques

We stopped at 3 antique markets while in Louisville, including Joe Ley Antiques in the NuLu neighborhood.


The building alone was worth a look, but the amount of lighting fixtures was pretty impressive when we walked in the front door.


Keep your eyes open and look high and low in antique stores, you never know what you will see!


Like a propeller with a woman's face on it hanging from the ceiling...never seen one of those before.


Every turn brought new surprises, hope no one is afraid of clowns.


Architectural Salvage on Broadway was small but full of friendly cats.


I bought a small coat hook that wasn't an antique, but if my pockets were deeper I would have loved to buy one of these tiles.  I've seen them on Etsy too so if I win the lottery I've seen them in person now and know what to spend some of my winnings on!


But, as Wayne says you have to play to win so that is unlikely.  


We also made a quick stop in Frankfort for a last look at the Capitol, and a few moments in a charming bookstore before moving on to Four Roses Bourbon Distillery in Lawrenceburg.

Roses were everywhere

Four Roses has been around since 1888 and I believe they said they were the only bourbon in Kentucky still being sold during Prohibition as "for medicinal purposes".  I'll let you hear the rest of the history when you come for a tasting.

Bring your prescription!

Tastings never go well for me, unfortunately it wasn't until the end that our pourer suggested tossing in an ice cube which helped quite a bit.


We got to take home the glass, which I've used a few times already to take my pills in the morning and I love seeing the four roses in the bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment