NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Say Cheese!

Ehlenbach's Cheese Chalet in DeForest had a cute mural related to cheese making.  Unfortunately I couldn't find any information about it on the internet. Apparently cheese tasting is allowed at Ehlenbach's, a fact I did not know while there or would have certainly indulged.  I bought a sampler pack and wasn't too impressed with two of the cheddars I've tried, nor with the pesto gouda.

I get my gouda at Tenuta's in Kenosha normally, along with other delicious Italian grocery items...I know this is supposed to be about Ehlenbach's, but as I've said before GET TO TENUTA'S if you're zipping down the interstate past Kenosha.  So worth the detour!!



This post is linked to Mural Monday.

9 comments:

  1. Sweet mural, but too bad the cheese isn't up to snuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool mural. You will have to try some samples the next time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like businesses which have murals on their walls that are tied to whatever they sell. Love those huge wheels of cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool mural. My fave cheese is Tillamook brand - but it's made in Oregon and probably not available in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry the cheese wasn't good ... the mural is, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like murals that show artisans at work. You may be disappointed in the product, but you scored with the mural. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the mural is better than the cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely murals, but sad that the cheese wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful murals especially the last one. Sounds like they're better painters than cheese makers. Too bad!

    ReplyDelete