NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Torbay's Father Troy's Trail - From The Battery to Little Gallows Cove

This post is from a hike I did in September

I haven't had as much time to explore the East Coast Trail as I would like, but it will still be there as I make my around to it.


I did get to hike a portion of the Father Troy's trail section, starting at the end of Moore's Valley Road in Torbay and making it about halfway down the 8.7 km section.

Trail was "rocked" by PJ!

I left a painted daisy near my starting point, I hope it found a happy home.


This part of the trail was flanked by pasture, including some lovely old wood fence.  I doubt it did much to keep in the 3 dogs that were loose and came bounding toward me without their owner stopping them.  I find it hard to believe she picks up poop from 3 dogs running loose in different directions across the area...


The sun wasn't out, but a little bit of cool without much wind is perfect hiking conditions in my opinion.  The trail is well signed and easy to follow.


Believe it or not, this isn't even the "scenic" half of Father Troy's trail.  I'm doing the other half soon, I can't wait to see "The Beamer", though I've missed whale and iceberg season unfortunately.


There were a lot of raspberry bushes along the trail, but watch where you stick your hand!


The pasture between the trail and the cliffs was lush...and full of horses of all sizes.


They seemed very unconcerned with my presence, I'm sure they are used to lots of passersby.


I did a bit of laughing when I came upon a herd of cows.  For a minute I thought I'd stumbled through a time and space portal and ended up back in Wisconsin!



2 comments:

  1. Happy hiking! Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trail...fantastic views. Oh my, raspberries! And horses, cows and dogs! Can't wait to see the rest as you go hiking...perhaps in a few months' time.

    ReplyDelete