NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Sunday, May 5, 2019

A Botanical-icious Morning

Somehow I'm way behind again...maybe it has something to do with all the last minute packing that needed to be done and the first few hectic days trying to get across the country?


So here is the speed dating version of my visit to the San Diego Botanical Garden!


I don't think I've ever felt so relaxed at a botanic garden before.  I'm going to attribute that to the sun and the comfortable warmth San Diego experiences in April, but an attempt to relax before the big move was the purpose of the trip so mission accomplished.


I really liked the Baja Fairy Duster trees.   They don't make trees like that in Wisconsin.


There was also a Daisy Tree.  Literally, that was its name!


A fruit orchard tempted me, but signs everywhere tell you not to pick the fruit.


My favorite part of the walk was the bamboo garden, its gentle shade was a nice retreat after an hour of full sun.


When I visit a garden I try to pay attention not only to the blooms but to the textures as well.  This visit I even enjoyed the shape of the shadows on the sandy path.


 I was introduced to the Mexican Poppy....


...and trees that would never make it through a Midwestern winter.


The cactus garden was loaded with texture, and I made sure to keep a watchful eye on my footing.


 It would have ruined the morning if I had fallen into those spiny beauties!


Not all was poky and dry.



There were plenty of lush flowers to admire as well.



In the children's garden I was amazed by the Elephant Foot trees, which are natives of Mexico unlike the living elephants of Asia and Africa.


And I really enjoyed the birds on these tiles at the entrance to the walled garden, but not as much as the real birds I spotted...more about that tomorrow!








2 comments:

  1. That looks an amazing place to visit

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning photos...thanks for the virtual tour of the gardens!

    ReplyDelete