NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fancy Fenceposts

I needed something easy to post today after a 9 hour workday and a visit to the gym.  There's only so much of me to go around in a day.  Of course some days I have all the time in the world.


These adorable bird houses were on the fenceposts of a property that we rode past on the Rawley Point trail in Two Rivers just after we left the Point Beach State Park boundary way back in July.


Each one had different hardware, from drawer pulls and faucets to doorknobs and hinges.


If I had the time for something like this I bet it could be fun to keep looking for unique odds and ends to dress birdhouses up with.  Sounds like a great retirement hobby scouring junkyards and garage sales for those items.


But I barely have the time to keep things straight in my perennial garden, much less dress the garden up with birdhouses.  Luckily the perennials take care of themselves unless there is a drought so I don't even water after my yearly Plucking of the Thousand-Baby-Maple-Trees that try to take root in my large bed.


Wish I had the time to sit in a chair and watch the world go by like this guy does - oops, he's made out of flower pots so I guess you can't really compare his life to mine.


The humidity receded around here yesterday and today but tomorrow it's supposed to be back and last through the long weekend.  Once Saturday hits I'm off until Wednesday so I guess I'll have too much time on my hands instead of not enough.  I was going to go camping in Indiana but not with the forecasted heat, humidity and pollen.  I'll just kick back in the air conditioning and catch up on my blog reading and see what the rest of you folks have been up to!

3 comments:

  1. These fenceposts are very cute. Too bad we don't have time to do all the fun things we want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love fence post finals. Gives me an idea for making bird houses when I retire. 9 Hour day and gym. I find it hard enough working a 7 & half one then trying to dig the garden when I get home

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fence posts! Someone is really creative.

    ReplyDelete