NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Gardening and Guests

Not only the inside of the house got a makeover, I was busy giving the outside a new look as well.

Load her up!

Three different times I filled her up, and I started with making my own planter.


I got a few planter boxes for the deck and filled them with herbs.


It's dangerous to show up at our house these days - if you stay more than 10 minutes you will absolutely be put to work.


Once my Aunt got things started it would only be laziness keeping me from completing the job so I  dug in and got 'er done. Thatched sod, rocks and clay, every gardener's nightmare!


A few rocks refused to be conquered.  They don't call Newfoundland "The Rock" for nothing.


But a few of those massive boulders I was determined to get out of my way.


The first bed came together rather quickly, but of course my ambitions run a little higher so the project still isn't complete.


Now that everything was spiffy it was time for the guests to arrive. Griffins and Leonards arrived for a feed!



We requested no gifts, but got them anyway.  Including a painting made from one of the photographs I took out in St. Kyran's last summer of the church.  Priceless, right?


Some of the guests enjoyed the deck, and even a few dogs came over to visit.


I made sure to plan a menu that was hassle free so I had time to enjoy our party.  I even got a free hairstyle done while I was sitting around.


Which somehow morphed into an experimental fork bun...


We may not have gotten the curtains up in time, but no one seemed to mind.


And our youngest guest was pleased that I picked up sidewalk chalk and set her loose on the deck!


I'll get to work now going back through my adventures since we've been here, and then the adventure that I'm on right now out in St. Kyran's!

No comments:

Post a Comment