NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Thursday, August 15, 2019

May the Wind Always Blow at Your Back - Bay Trip Part 6

Before we knew it the weekend was over and it was time to leave.


Two days and two nights went by so quickly!  


One of Wayne's brothers laughed when he loaded his portable 2 room shower tent into the boat, but no one was laughing when they got to rinse all the sweat and dirt off in privacy with warm water.


Of course Vader was happy to just take his bath in the ocean.

What remains of the boardwalk

Remember the remains of the boardwalk along the shore in St. Anne's? I found a picture of a similar boardwalk from Dunville that gives a good idea of what it probably looked like.  Dunville is just a 10 minute drive from our house, so a cool find for two reasons!

Credit: The Rooms archives https://www.therooms.ca/


I learned that I needed a better pair of rubber boots for outdoor life in Newfoundland with all those low shrubs and wet marshes.


And I learned that unless I was on an ATV road or the East Coast Trail that I might want to wear long pants with my hiking boots even in the summer...

bruised and scratched, but happy

I don't remember if the wind was at our back when we made our way back across Placentia Bay, but the sun was out and it was less windy than on our way in so we made good time and saw more wildlife.

They call Cormorants "Shags" in Newfoundland

We even saw a few Puffins, though I still want to return to Ellsworth to see them there again.


I know we have a lot of work to do out there, but sometimes work is fun and I can't wait to get back!


1 comment:

  1. Pam I have a really enjoyed reading all of these posts about exploring old family spots in Newfoundland. Some of it reminded me of the Highlands of Scotland and the clearances 150 years ago. It's amazing how quickly the former home sites and such get covered up as the plants keep growing relentlessly. Hope you'll keep up your quick pace of posting. Very interesting information.

    ReplyDelete