NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Monday, February 23, 2015

Lafayette Post Office Mural and A Mural on the Side



When we stopped in Lafayette I found their post office mural, but the building in use for other purposes and almost immediately after I walked in I was told I couldn't use a camera on the premises for privacy reasons.  I had gotten one quick shot before that and I'm glad I did because the mural was a bit different than most of the other ones I see.  Charming, right?



As I walked back to the car I saw one peeking over the top of shorter building.  The black building is a restaurant.  Linking up to Monday Mural.


4 comments:

  1. Very neat, been to the town not the PO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats cool. I like to get out to look and learn. Really a tremendous amount of information around us and even more if we seek it out. A good weather app lets you plan for outtings and post pictures. www.islikely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post office mural looks like Henrik Martin Mayer's “Sad News” and “Rural Delivery” painted in 1936 as part of the WPA. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you had already taken a pic of this great mural!

    ReplyDelete