NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Okay, so we're not technically nomadic...yet!

I had to come up with a name for the blog on the spot, and so this is what I came up with on short notice. I thought it was quite a bit more charming than Nomadic Wannabe! As those of you who know us well are aware, we plan to retire early in about 5 years and hit the road in our fifth wheel RV as full-timers. I can't speak for my husband, Wayne, but this is just about all I think about anymore. If my brain is not working on a specific task, it is working on the splendors we will behold when we finally break out past the confines of our current 15 hr driving limit for our yearly vacation. We have a few short trips planned this year. We've already gone to South Dakota and we'll be going to Blue Mound State Park in Wisconsin in July. At the end of August we head out to Munising, Michigan to explore the Upper Penninsula in more depth, and in October we're going to hopefully catch the fall color at Pike's Peak in Iowa. In 2012 we have a 3 week long trip planned to North Carolina. I hear the mosquitoes and other biting insects are not a problem in the Great Smoky Mountains in the spring, and I can't wait to see all the mountain wildflowers and baby animals! I'll add posts as we travel around and as I get pertinent information about the nomadic lifestyle that these two transplanted Newfies are looking forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment