NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Winter in the Midwest

I can't believe that January is over...mostly because it felt like it never began! Normally January is the month I dread, the month of hardly leaving the house due to snow, wind and subzero temperatures. This year January felt like early December in the Wisconsin-Illinois stateline area, maybe even like early March! We've still only had snow 3 or 4 times, and I don't think we got more than 2 inches from any of those "storms". Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but it's making me a little uneasy. What does this mean for the rest of the year's weather to be so off from normal? I haven't been out to take any winter photos this year due to the lack of snow, and I don't even know where half of my winter clothing is in the closet because I haven't needed to drag it out. So, I'll post a few winter shots from last year hiking in Chain O' Lakes State Park in Illinois and count my blessings as February begins and spring gets another day nearer.




2 comments:

  1. I like those seed heads with the snow on top. My sister, who lives in Island Lake hasn't been doing her usually complaining about the weather either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in NJ, we have been talking about whether or not we are going to "catch it" with snowstorms in February and March. With a high of 60F today, it sure doesn't feel like it. We'll see . . .

    ReplyDelete