NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Kenosha Visitors Bureau Mosaic Murals and a Sculpture Too

Some mosaic murals are just outside the entry to the Kenosha Vistors Bureau.


I know it's not Monday, but I've got a big back log of stuff like this.  I took these almost 2 years ago.  Where does the time go?  While poking around their website I discovered they have a winter Snow Daze Festival on Valentine's Day that includes ice sculpting.  Now I'm glad I'm returning from my trip a few days earlier than I had originally planned.  It would be a good date but Wayne takes his annual ice fishing trip with the boys that weekend!


When I was there the sculpture “Heels Overhead,” an aluminum piece by artist Paul Bobrowitz, was probably just installed.  The sculpture is 7 feet tall and is only on display until sometime this year and they will replace it with another one.


If  I make it down there for Valentine's Day I'll check out their lakefront Sculpture Walk too.

After work today Cory and I are heading over to my mother's to spend the night and get an early start on our journey south tomorrow!  Road trip, Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment