NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Friday, September 27, 2019

Dildonut Delicious

Everybody knows that Jimmy Kimmel is the honorary mayor of Dildo, Newfoundland by now, right?


Yes, Dildo is a real town.  One of my Facebook friends thought it was a gag until I posted a few pictures. If you haven't seen any of the Kimmel videos here is one for you.



I visited Dildo and the Dildo Brewing Company last year, but I was curious to see how Dildo was faring with all the new publicity so I stopped in for a visit.


It hasn't taken them long to figure out how to profit from their newfound notoriety, they even serve dildonuts per Jimmy's suggestion now.  I paid $3.50 for one, and it was delicious, but donuts are half the price at Tim Horton's.  Dildo's donut tasted better, so at least not a total bust!


I was in need of a walk after that dildonut, so I strolled through town...


...up the hill, down the hill, and then another hilly detour.  Half an hour later I considered myself well exercised and headed back toward my car.

Pretty's fish shack - Andrew Pretty perhaps?

A few things are new since last year, and I just wondered how they even got the time to get things up and going with all the increased visitor traffic. I was shocked to learn that many Newfoundlanders never even heard of Dildo. Didn't they ever look at a map of Newfoundland in social studies class in grade school?


Speaking of half an hour later, everyone knows Newfoundland has its own time zone (NST) that is half an hour later than Eastern time, right? There are several time zones that are not hour lengths, if you want to know more check out this link to Time and Date's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment