NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Mural Monday in Maysville, Georgia

While we were driving to Georgia we spotted this cutie on a laundromat in Maysville and I saved it for Mural Monday.  Personally, I don't know how enjoyable a picnic would be that close to a big, noisy, steam engine....I would think that cloth would be hard to hold down as the train went by! But it's a tranquil scene nonetheless.  It sure would be nice on this incredibly chilly day in southeastern Wisconsin to hop a train and go somewhere warmer! 


10 comments:

  1. Must be something about communities named Mayesville. Maysville, Kentucky has a delightful set of murals painted along their Ohio River floodwall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh...I'll have to check it out! Thanks, Sharon!

      Delete
  2. This is a very similar style to those I saw in Chillicothe Missouri. We will be touring the Southern States in a couple of months. Looking forward to it and maybe pickup a few more murals along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember going for car jaunts with family in Scotland and was shocked when we pulled off the side of the road onto what was barely a shoulder to stop for tea! I was used to designated picnic areas.
    maybe these people were trainspotters?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your quaint old-timey train! Looks like a more idyllic trip than on the graffiti express. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone cared enough and painted a bit of history for all to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Midnight train to Georgia - thank you for the many memories. Please have you all a good Tuesday.

    daily athens photo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right. The picnic is a little too close to the train. Part of the wonders of naive art that perspective is all askew. This is a charming scene of a small town's yesterday. I like that chairs on a large porch are still part of the contemporary scene. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having picnicked not far from rail tracks when I was a wee girl ... all I can say is that it's all about the excitement of waiting for the the train to come by ... we didn't care about the noise ... and I always wondered where all those people were headed. Beautiful Mural ... I have a couple I should share on Mural Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that is just something I never got to see or experience! However, as I recently told another blogger, I have "sledded" on pieces of old linoleum in the snowy front yard when I was a young girl visiting Newfoundland. Probably not many can say that! ;)

      Delete