NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Sunday, May 12, 2013

FBI Visit Richmond for Mother's Day Weekend

On Friday the FBI were less than 2 miles from my house.  You can catch the story here.

Kind of threw off my plans to deposit my paycheck at the bank...in Richmond.

But Saturday morning I headed over to Richmond for something a tad more delicious than local drama while depositing my paycheck.


I purchased a variety of goodies at Sweet Angeline's and drove them over to my mother's house in Zion.  My birthday and Mother's Day gifts to her this year involved helping her clean out her closet and buy some new clothes that were more appropriate to her new retired lifestyle.  Since retiring a few years ago she still has a tendency to shop for "work" clothes that are much too dressy for everyday life.   We started last weekend with a trip to the Premium Outlets in Pleasant Prairie and yesterday we hit a few more stores at Gurnee Mills Outlet Mall.

Speaking of Mother's Day, I don't consider myself a card maker, but every once in a while I dig out a few of my scrapbooking odds and ends and toss together a card.  This year I made Mother's Day cards for both my mother and my mother-in-law. The one I put one together for my mom was inspired by her love of anything tea related.  I've done the tea theme a few times for her now, so next year I'll have to get a little more inventive I think!  I also like to photocopy old photos onto cards if I can find an appropriate image.


 I had to get my mother-in-law's card in the mail a week ahead of the holiday in hopes it would get to Newfoundland in time, hopefully she got it yesterday, we'll call soon and chat with her.


 At Sweet Angeline's yesterday they asked how I would be spending my Mother's Day.  I will be spending the day cleaning...but it will be a labor of love!


Tuesday morning we leave for a week in central Wisconsin on our first RV outing of the season.  I'll be hunting the tiny Karner blue butterfly at the Necedah NWR and in the Black River State Forest.  It's probably too early for the butterfly itself, but maybe I'll spot its chrysalis.  Perhaps a return solo trip in a few weeks or in July when they hatch again will net me a glimpse of the butterfly itself.  My camp cot is out of the basement and ready to go!

What are you doing for Mother's Day today?  Have a great time, whatever it is!

3 comments:

  1. Blimey that RV puts my caravan to shame. Quite a shocking thing to happen on your doorstep though we have had a Bomb scare most of the time it s suicides on the railway which thank god do not happen often. Good work on the cards and happy mothers day even if it is not on th eUK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering if it was Mother's Day in the UK/overseas since I know a few of my followers are out of the country! It is Mother's Day in Canada though too.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your Mother's Day cards! You are so creative. Have a great trip. I spent Mother's Day hiking with my son and husband.

    ReplyDelete