NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Crazy Hat Ladies

A couple of weeks ago I made a last minute decision to join my mother on a trip to visit San Diego.  My father was in the Navy and we were stationed there when I was a child but neither one of us has returned in 41 years.  To top it off we were here for my 50th birthday yesterday!


There will be lots of photographs to come from San Diego, but of course I've been too busy to get much photo editing done.  In the meantime, here's a couple of crazy hat ladies getting silly in a shop in the nearby town of Ramona.


And do you all know what a "fascinator" is?  Think of it as sculpture for the hair, not technically a hat - like the blue one my mother is wearing below and the concoction I am sporting above.  Which hat or fascinator do you think I wore best?


And for those of you who are familiar with the area...yes we stopped in Julian and had pie for my birthday instead of cake!

Great birthday with Cousin Chris and Mom's friend Martha 




2 comments:

  1. Happy big 5-0! Glad you and your mom are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to visit Julian when I lived in SoCal. It's a beautiful area with lots of hiking, and great shops. Glad to see you made it there. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete