NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Saturday, October 20, 2018

40 Minutes of Sunshine

This is a post showing summer in Wisconsin



Back in May or June I wanted to stop for a walk on a work day and made a quick detour to Table Bluff on the Ice Age Trail to enjoy the views.



I was early for the big summer bloom show that happens up on the bluff, but I did get to catch some early Columbine and didn't have to fight mosquitoes to find them!


Usually the Corydalis I come upon in the wild is pink and yellow, but this area had some lavendar that was lovely.


The lovely blue-violet of Prairie Spiderwort is best seen mid-day as it opens in the morning and closes at night.


I think the picture above is a type of foxglove, but if anyone knows different feel free to correct me!

Hello, Flowers!
That's what the flowers see when I bend down to say hello!  They are probably thinking, quit blocking the sun, Lady!  I only had 40 minutes to enjoy the sunshine, but they had all day so I didn't feel too badly.  And now we are heading into the time of year where the sun gets more scarce so what a lovely thing to find this unfinished post.



I wound through the woods a bit, happy for the shade, but couldn't linger too long since I had clients to see. I can't remember if I was too early for the Mayflower or too late, but I didn't see any blooming this year.


I wasn't the only one out enjoying Table Bluff, as I was going in a class trip was heading out.  What a great way to end the school year!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that a class that gets to go on a nature field trip is indeed doing something right. As were you to take a short time to enjoy the sun and flowers! Nice selfie too!

    ReplyDelete