NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

The Medinah Temple in Chicago

This post is an installment from a trip to Chicago in June with Katrina

Okay, I never do this, but I found a post on the Medinah Temple building below that was just so absolutely perfect that I'm going to just give you that link instead of butchering a description myself!


Now it is home to Bloomingdale's, but what a history! I didn't get a look inside since I passed it on my early morning walk.  But now that I know it's there I hope I remember to find it again on my next visit to Chicago.


This is the best part of walking, discovering something new.  Look at those windows -stained glass?


I walked into the Starbucks you can see around the corner but the line was too dang long!

3 comments:

  1. Well you just made my day Pam! How absolutely fascinating. Apart from the history of this amazing building I had no idea about The Shriners, and apparently they are here in Australia too. I can't tell you how much I love learning something new everyday, merci beaucoup ☺
    P.s. loved your Chicago signs last post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did a week tour of there some years ago, but managed to miss the temple:( It can be a fun city.

    ReplyDelete