NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Dave's Rock Garden

After my morning at the San Diego Botanical Gardens I drove over to Encinitas to grab an iced Dragon Pearl Jasmine tea at the Lofty Coffee Company.  From there it was a short stroll to the public beach, and along the way I came across Dave's Rock Garden.


There are so many rocks here that passersby have painted that I would have had to spend an hour to get a good look at even most of them.  When I went to their Facebook page every photo I saw was of a rock I didn't even see!


Paint supplies and a sign encouraging you to paint your own were handy, but I didn't see any paint brushes so I wasn't able to contribute.


The creativity of other people never fails to amaze me!


If I'm in the area again I'll have to bring my own brush.  I wonder what I should paint?  I have plenty of time to think about it, that's for sure.


I continued on down the hill toward the beach where families were setting up for a day in the sun.  Beaches themselves don't appeal to me much since I'm not much of a sitter and I tend to burn so I headed to the overlook.


That's the way to enjoy the beach for me - from afar!


Given a comfy chair and some shade I could've sat there for awhile, reading a book and stealing occasional glances at the ocean.


Just behind the overlook there was this darling house for rent so someone could do just that if they wanted, and paint a rock a day during their stay!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely shots of fun stones, and a great view of the beach...I love that you framed it with those gorgeous flowers. Yep, a cottage by the beach would be a nice retreat.

    ReplyDelete