NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Monday, November 18, 2019

Third Falls

Every time I drove to our new home this summer I noticed a little pull out on the side of the road and a path leading to the woods.


Eventually I got around to checking it out. Not sure of the name of the brook flowing along the path but at the time the water was low.


Which was a good thing because when the path ran out I had to make a crossing to keep going.


Sure enough, there was a path on the other side! Not very wide but man made and not just a moose track.


It was getting later in the day and the light was making lovely reflections as I continued alongside the water.


Once again I had to make a crossing to continue on.


But it was a fun spot to stop and watch the water rush along by my feet!


A few more minutes through the woods and I came to a sudden end atop a rocky outcrop.  Overall I'd say it was probably 3/4 mile walk in to the falls.


My guess was a local swimming hole and sure enough when I got home Wayne said I had found Third Falls and they used to go swimming there as teenagers.  The falls is a little taller than it looks in the photos, but still maybe around 6 feet.  I went back another time in October and approached from the other side, I'll post the pictures tomorrow for comparison!

2 comments:

  1. What a lot of rocks in that stream...so I'm glad there was a swimming hole. Nice waterfall too!

    ReplyDelete