NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Reason to Run

 It was a chore day yesterday, so we cleaned house, went to the laundromat, dumped the tanks and went to the IGA. We also stopped at the local bakery which is called Sweet Dreams, and I picked up a turtle brownie and a raspberry white chocolate scone. When Wayne fell asleep while watching "Stranger Than Fiction" after lunch, I savored that brownie without judging eyes. It was the best brownie I've ever had, so 2 big thumbs up for Sweet Dreams! As the afternoon wore on and we continued to laze around, I started feeling a little guilty about that calorie splurge so I laced up my sneakers and went for my first run since the morning we left home. 

About .2 mile down the road toward Au Train  I saw a little dead end road that looked promising and broke into my run. It was perfect for running, quiet and isolated, with lots of native wildflowers to look at. I enjoyed the simple freedom of running down the middle of the sand-packed road all alone and can't wait to do it again!

1 comment: