NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Monday, April 8, 2013

Silo Mural

While camping at the Thomson Causeway in Illinois a few years ago we went for a drive into Iowa across the Mississippi River and ran across this interesting "mural".  I still wonder what the inspiration was for this wonderful combination of music and agricultural architecture.


I've never done anything with the photo because the day was so gray and it didn't turn out well, but now I'm glad I didn't delete it and have a home for it linking to Mural Monday!

Further inspection reveals the words "Mooney Hollow Fiddle" painted at the bottom as well as the name of the artist, which was too hard to read.  Not the first time I've gotten more information from being able to zoom in on details in a photo than what can be seen with the naked eye at the time!

This is my last mural that I had in reserve...time to get out there and find some more, if the weather would only cooperate.  Yesterday was the first time the weather was nice enough for a long hike on my day off and I couldn't go because I had hit my ankle on the corner of a dresser the day before and my hikers pressed against the injured spot. GRRR! I have Thursday and Friday off this week and the high is forecasted in the upper 30's with wind and rain mixed with snow for both days. Really? Can't even go hunting for murals in weather like that!  Starting to think I'm cursed!  However, the good news is that there was no sign of mice in the camper when I inspected it yesterday.  Now, if the weather would only stabilize enough to take it out and use it! 

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant what a great mural i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture that grid pattern gives to the whole thing! Glad you didn't throw it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what the inspiration was ... perhaps the farmer is a musician. But the shape of the violin is perfect for the shape of the silo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very impressive mural. Is it possible there's a old fashion fiddle festival in the area?

    ReplyDelete