NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

A Few Philly Murals

Philadelphia had some wonderfully detailed murals, I wish I had the time to enjoy them more when I was there.


This first one was titled Tree of Knowledge and the artist is Michael Webb. There was an inscription next to the mural which was a quote by Dwight D Eisenhower : "Only justice, fairness and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn of eternal peace."


I didn't find any information about the one above, though I loved the interplay of women from the past and the present.


And I almost missed this smaller one of the Liberty Bell, after being in the area awhile the shape suddenly becomes very recognizable even when you don't expect to see it!

If you want to search out more murals in Philadelphia, I found this great link which would be very helpful!

2 comments: