NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Freshly Fallen Snow

I was supposed to be heading up to Door County for work on Monday but Eastern Wisconsin got a winter storm with the Peninsula being the hardest hit...they got 12-18 inches over 24 hours!  Obviously I called and rescheduled for another day, though I sure would have liked to see it in the snow.

Rawley Point Light, Two Rivers

But this morning I had to get up early and tackle those appointments in Manitowoc and Two Rivers that I scheduled.  You know I was heartbroken to be done by noon and on my way to Point Beach State Forest in Two Rivers to try to take a hike.  I started by being the one to break trail out to the lighthouse.  The snow was light and fluffy, and up to my knees in some spots!

sand dunes covered in a foot of snow

The sand dunes were beautiful, so much so that I decided not to spoil the beauty by going all the way out to the shore.


So off I went to the Ice Age trailhead, to break through more fresh snow.  The powder was piled high on the trees and every now and then a breeze would blow some across the trail.


I got tired quickly, but hated to give up since the sun was actually shining.  It doesn't do that often in winter in Wisconsin unfortunately.



 About 30 minutes was all my frozen toes wanted out of the adventure, so it was off to Sheboygan where I had errands to run and a hotel to find.  I settled on the Harbor Winds - small, quiet, clean and right on the riverfront near downtown and all the restaurants for under $60 a night!  Best of all my allergies aren't flaring up and if in town I won't hesitate to stay there again.


I don't think I've gotten a shot of the Sheboygan performing arts theater before after dark.  Even though I've been to Sheboygan many times I always find a new way to enjoy it.  Last time I was here I went out driving after dark along the lakeshore and watched the waves crashing on the shore under a full moon.  Tonight I drove past some new restaurants on the South Pier that maybe Wayne and I can check out this summer!

Highs up to 40F here on Friday and Saturday so the folks that like to snowshoe and cross country ski better get out quick and enjoy it..

4 comments:

  1. Lovely snow! Our snowpack has been unseasonably low. But it looks like a winter storm heading for our mountains tomorrow so I'm crossing my fingers for a big dump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very envious, we had a hint of snow here and that's all. Love to walk in the snow like you get

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice snowfall! Great for the snowshoes!

    ReplyDelete