NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Monday, January 22, 2018

Thank You Farmers

Here's a few Wisconsin murals I've seen on my wanderings for work.  “The Blue Heron” by Milwaukee artist Catherine Lottes is located in Menomonee Falls on Appleton Avenue.

 

I must've seen the mural below in the spring, I remember driving around town but don't remember seeing others.  However Beaver Dam had the Wall Dogs come in and do 15 murals in July 2017 so next time I get to Beaver Dam I'll have to find a few more!

 

Speaking of mass mural installations, you may remember my post about the opening of Black Cat Alley murals in Milwaukee.  One of the murals caused controversy (as good art sometimes does) and was recently vandalized. It's an interesting story, read about it here.  I don't remember seeing the mural in question, the alley was very crowded when I went and there was a lot to see! The original story about the art and the artist's vision is at this link.


Culver's restaurants has painted some barns blue and added a message thanking farmers for their contribution to feeding us.  This one was most likely near Beaver Dam, but there is one near Mineral Point also so it could've been there.  The first Culver's was opened in Sauk City in 1984 by the son of a cheesemaker who used to inspect dairy farms. Craig and his wife combined a love for his mom’s homemade hamburgers with his favorite childhood vacation treat, Fresh Frozen Custard, creating their signature combination: Culver’s ButterBurgers and Fresh Frozen Custard. There are 136 Culver's in Wisconsin and 102 in Illinois, and now they are located in 24 states! I don't like my bun buttered and I can't eat dairy, but I love their grilled chicken sandwich and french fries.  If you're dairy sensitive like me just ask for no butter when you order!

Linking up to Monday Mural.

2 comments: