NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Young at Heart

Snow had been falling for a few days in a row when I arrived in Newfoundland a few weeks ago, so of course we had to go out and have a slide, right?  Have to show my California cousin how things are done are in the wintry north.

You do what again? I'm from California!

I mean, never mind that most of us were over 40, over 50, and even over 60 years of age.  Being young at heart is what matters.


Not much danger to old bones like ours in the making of snow angels.  Can you believe that technically this is "road" we were sledding and making angels on?  End of the road on Old Settlement Hill, no one but the moose lives past Uncle Steve's house.

Aunt Rosemary only 12 years older than Cousin Chris

Cousin Darryl was the only "youngster" in our group. I think he may be 30 years old now himself!  Remember when we were thirty and we thought we were getting old?  How adorable!

Show us how it's done, Darryl

Sisters gone wild, that's what I should have named this post.  Rosemary and Agatha were the silliest and most rambunctious.  I won't post their ages, and snow is good for the complexion so they look as young as they act.

Agatha and Rosemary

We were making such a racket that Uncle Steve's dog had to get leashed up to come check out what all the commotion was about.

Lacey isn't young herself, but still ready for adventure

Hey look out!  Here comes a snow plow!


And me?  I only hit the ground once, that's what happens when you're the photographer, and that was just how I wanted it...at least on that day.  I'll live to slide again another day.

"Pam" sandwich

Here are two ridiculously short videos of our sledding attempts, and yes, I shot them holding the camera the wrong way!







No comments:

Post a Comment