NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Argentia - Before and After the Snow

If you want to see more pictures from Argentia, I have many! Just click the Argentia link on the left side or at the end of this post and you'll see why I love it there so much.


The last time I was there before the snow started falling I got to wandering and woolgathering and then noticed that sunset was around the corner and maybe I had better get a move on.


So I went straight up over the rock instead of crashing through the trees.  Why not, after all?


From the top is where you get the best views anyway.


With all the weather we've been having I haven't bothered making the 20 minute drive back over until a few days ago when our temps got up above freezing again.  I parked the car and followed the skidoo tracks up past the campground and the bunkers.


The last time I ended up in this spot I picked a few very late blueberries.  They weren't tasty after the frost, or plentiful, but there were enough to note that maybe it wouldn't hurt to come back next year with a bucket since obviously no one else had bothered.

This bunker hill is covered in blueberries come September

Any excuse to go wandering...


The following day I returned, this time taking my walk uphill from the Pavillion to Argentia Pond.

still knee deep in the shade

On my third day in a row in Argentia I went past Argentia Pond and kept going uphill.  The lack of fresh snow made it hard to get a snow angel going, but I did my best.  All that sun and walking had me feeling like myself again!


When I had the choice of following along the skidoo tracks or veering off toward a rock peak you know which way I had to go.


I was so hot I had to take off my hat and gloves, and without a breath of wind on my face I kicked back and admired the view of Argentia Pond. 


A few more catch up posts and then I should have lots to say about the other Maritime Provinces next week when I arrive in Nova Scotia!

1 comment:

  1. That last pic is awesome! Glad that you have the energy to do the hiking, and the camera, and the blog to share it with me, since I no longer can do the hikes.

    ReplyDelete