NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Friday, February 28, 2020

Winter on the Avalon

We were delighted to move to Newfoundland, and told everyone who asked about winter that the Avalon Peninsula actually was warmer and got less snow than Wisconsin.


November and December were warmer than Wisconsin, but once the snow started this year it just hasn't wanted to stop.  I've had people tell me they haven't seen the like of it in twenty years or more.


It's been great for winter sports, with everyone out enjoying their "skidoos".  I'd say they've sold more snowshoes in St. John's than they have in years as well!

Uncle John takes his grandkids out for a spin


Believe it or not our boat still makes it out of the driveway in this weather.  Turr hunting season is on the go, and you know Wayne's not missing any outdoor action after 30 years away.



They even saw a Minke whale the other day! Of course I've yet to see a whale in my whole life, but you're more likely to see chipmunks than whales when you prefer the woods to the waters.


There has been more sun than I anticipated, which makes for some nice pictures.


And I even still managed to catch a few stunning sunsets when I wasn't in my studio painting rocks!


1 comment:

  1. These are all great photos...I guess you all got our share of snow, from North Carolina where we usually have one big one a year. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete