NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Busy Sidewalk

I got called in to work yesterday morning and while I was bringing my lunch out to my car I ran into a traffic jam on our front sidewalk.


Would you look at the size of that flower seed that ant was carrying! I had to sidestep him a couple of times as I went back and forth with my camera. He was weaving side to side with each step, and was especially amusing when he got to the large crack between the two sidewalk segments.

But the main attraction was a cicada I found, and a cicada shell nearby as well. The pictures I took of the cicada on the sidewalk were very flat due to lack of light so I gently moved it to a more optimal location. I don't know how the cicada felt about the whole situation, but I was quite pleased with the results!





2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Now I know what a cicada looks like. I grew up on the West Coast and we don't have them there.

    Thanks!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you've seen one you just have to experience hearing them someday!

    ReplyDelete