NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Bike Ride is a Snap!

Katrina took off to meet some friends in Milwaukee while we were staying at Kohler-Andrae and I took my newly healed shoulder out for a bike ride until she returned.  Riding was a snap, but not as snappy as the Snapper crossing the road.  Why did it cross the road?  Death wish maybe, I've seen quite a few turtle-meets-vehicle deaths this summer.  Maybe that means turtle populations on the rise?  Or are turtles getting slower?


Just past the cranky turtle was the visitor's center and their lovely pond garden.


From there I turned onto County V and just a short ride down the road to Neighbors for Trails area.  This trail system is unusual in that bikes are allowed.  Nice ride through the pine forest and the wildflower meadows.








More than flowers to see on the trail and in the park, wildlife is very happy with the comfortable summer weather we've been enjoying.  Lots of rain, but I'll take that any day over the heat wave and drought we suffered through in the midwest last summer.





Okay, it's not bison and elk, but I'll take what I can get! Out of state adventures will just have to wait another month at least.  We have the MN/SD border set for August, Falls of the Ohio for September and the Smokies in October, but any one of those may change if Katrina lands an out of state job.  I don't know if I mentioned it yet, but she interviewed for a company that is looking to fill a position in Maine and in Connecticut.  Maine in August?  Bring on that blueberry pie!

6 comments:

  1. What?? You have snakes in Wisconsin?? Surely not! As you can tell, not a fan. Hey, love the
    "Smokies in October." Can't wait for that. Hopefully, you'll allow a blog friend tag-a-long on some of your hikes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a tag-along! My husband doesn't like to hike as much as I do, and my parents will be camping with us also so I'll leave him with them and off we'll go! Snakes are not very plentiful here, most small and non-venomous with the exception of the occasional water moccasin I believe.

      Delete
  2. Nice bike ride and lots of critters to see

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful nature pictures, even the snake. Looks like a really lovely bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your shoulder is getting all the rest it needs

    Enjoyed this post very much!

    ReplyDelete