NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

"Sampling" Sturgeon Bay

On Sunday my mother and I wedged ourselves into my car full of sample bags and headed north to Door County.


With no appointments until the next morning we made a stop in one of my favorite spots in Wisconsin - the John Michael Kohler Center for the arts in Sheboygan.


I don't just come for the elaborate bathrooms, though I will admit I still get tickled when I open the door and get an eyeful.  It's always different art on display when I visit and you never know what you will find.


In Sturgeon Bay we stayed at the White Lace Inn, which was fine enough, but it was the meal at the Inn at Cedar Crossing that made an impression.  The cherry pie was the best I ever had!  With a hint of almond and a crust that was so fluffy it was practically cake I told the waitress when she came back that my mind was blown and life would never be the same again.


I was so anxious so start my day that I was up and walking the streets of town at 6:00 trying to burn off some nervous energy.  We've been experiencing a warm spell and there was no wind so it was an unexpected opportunity to get outdoors at a time of year I'm usually huddling inside.

John Purves tugboat

Even though I left Wayne behind I thought of him often and especially our tour of the John Purves tugboat at the Door County Maritime Museum.  It was very pretty all lit up for Christmas with a tree on deck too.


This upside down weather we're having must have confused the snowmen, because there sure isn't any ice around for him to slip on!  My first day as a sales representative is behind me, and while I must have been amusing to watch as I hunted for things and dropped things and looked incredibly awkward, by the end of the day I felt like I would be fine...soon I hope.  Still on the road, today I visit offices in Manitowoc and Sheboygan and after an early start I hope to get outside because it's going to be another beauty!

1 comment: