NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Monday, January 14, 2019

Unforgettable Urban Bourbon Trail Adventures

Stop #3 was at Momma's, where I had a small sample of the Pineapple "Blushy" (Bourbon Slushy) and Katrina got a strawberry lemonade vodka cocktail.  A mouthful of bourbon counts, right? It was so good that I've bought the ingredients to make it at home...but have been too busy to make it yet unfortunately.


The stop was chosen because it was just a few minutes from the big New Years Day sale at Dillard's where we cleaned up on bargains but were left exhausted and hungry.  Momma's BBQ was delicious and the business donates 2% to local charities - just over 1/4 million dollars as of this time last year!  Momma's was Katrina's favorite stop, both for the food and the charitable contributions.

Waiting in line at Dillard's with my pile of bargains

Another stop was the Troll Pub Under the Bridge. This place had a sports bar atmosphere so we only stayed long enough for Katrina to have a drink at the bar and get our passport stamped.


I may have loved the drinks at the historic hotels, and loved the BBQ at Momma's, but I have to say that Buck's was my favorite place to go just for the place itself.


We were instantly impressed by all the flowers on the bar, and by the welcoming personalities of all the staff.  We had the most personal service I've ever had anywhere, and great conversation with our bartender who introduced me to Luxardo cherries - another item added to my grocery list!


The dinner menu was tempting but it was just too soon after our last meal so we settled for a seat at  the bar and just admired the decor while we tried to decide on a cocktail.


After tasting those Luxardo cherries we settled on the Kiss of Kentucky, which Katrina enjoyed more than I did. I found the pecans distracting and the alcohol taste a little strong for a lightweight like myself.


I should have ordered the Lily for myself instead of ordering the same drink she did. Or maybe the Bourbon Bee? Or the Billionaire? Tough decisions.


I hated to leave and if I get back to Louisville I will definitely stop in again.  Our bartender sent us on our way with Star of Bethlehem flowers which is their signature flower and that are still blooming 11 days later. The piano player with the husky voice made me wish I was hungry enough to stay for dinner.  Next time!

Still blooming!

Which drink would you have wanted while listening to "Unforgettable"?


No comments:

Post a Comment