NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Monday, April 23, 2018

Maxim's Murals, Oconomowoc

Good grief, I found this in the draft folder, all written up and everything from 2013 but never posted!!


In Oconomowoc they have a restaurant named Maxim's that is located in the old 1896 train depot. They have a cute area set up for kids inside, and train related memorabilia everywhere.  At least they did 5 years ago, who knows now, right?  Next time I'm in Oconomowoc for work I'll have to stop and see what has changed.


When Cory was young he was very into trains and my mother and I drove the kids out here for lunch.  We also stopped at Kettle Moraine's Ottawa Lake for a stroll outside on the way home.  But what I remember from the trip was the bakery case, of course.  Different treats were on display on my visit this weekend, including a variety of creamy cakes.

Katrina and Grandma picking out dessert

The other thing I remember was the painting on the bathroom walls.  I snapped a shot when I returned in 2013.  Looked great with the brick.


The restaurant also has a train car outside for banquets. Look how small Cory and Katrina are! I just want to reach in that picture and squeeze them!


 Linking up to Mural Monday. More from my neglected draft folder to come in the weeks ahead!


4 comments:

  1. Glad you found a few lost murals. I quite like the "ticket counter" one.
    Thanks for contributing Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the poor man sure is bored!
    I like the murals.
    Yes, time so flies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating place!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing blast from the past. Love the murals. Love the sweets!!

    ReplyDelete