NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Friday, January 24, 2020

Bay Roberts Sunset

This past summer I dropped Cory off at a gaming shop in Bay Roberts a few different Fridays and went hiking. As fall came on that meant that the sun was setting shortly after I hit the trail.

Lovely trail from Mad Rock Cafe to French Cove

These pictures are from my last Friday Night Hike.  The light was fading even as I was getting out of the car, so I had to squelch the urge to look for the last of the season's blueberries and hustle straight out to the views.


I waded right out into the middle of the field of asters and snapped a few photos.  I only had my iPhone with me, which doesn't perform as well in low light or for landscapes, but made do with what I had.


 I sent the pictures to my mom as I wandered around, and then found a place to leave one of my painted rocks for the next visitor to find.


There was a Harvest Moon that night, but the iPhone wasn't up to the challenge.  Still, quite a sight as I stood in the old graveyard in French Cove and watched the light play on the water.


Of course that meant walking back in the dark, but I took my time and was back to the car in under 20 minutes.  I texted with my cousins on the way back, telling them if I went missing I was out at Mad Rock and to send a rescue team.  They probably still don't know what to make of my recklessness, but that's okay, they're not the only ones!

1 comment:

  1. Good idea to have someone knowing where you are! Nice sunset pictures, sometimes they are hard to get:)

    ReplyDelete