NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Happy November Anniversary

Well...our 30th anniversary was 2 months ago now, but I seldom seem to have the extra time to sit down and have a run at composing some blog posts.

Bonavista view

Don't worry, (for the few of you who may still check back now and then) I'm not exiting the blog scene for good, I just need to figure out a way to balance my hobbies a little.  Mostly I write these posts for myself so I can preserve my memories since the days of photo albums are in the past, so I will be continuing.


Our anniversary trip to the Bonavista region was a bit windy, so we took a drive instead of a walk around town and I just had Wayne stop and braved the salt spray to get a few photos.


The light wasn't half bad for that kind of weather, and the clouds lended a certain moodiness that works well.


The shot below taken from the road out to Dungeon Provincial Park was my favorite view of the day.  The road was really washed out with lots of large potholes to dodge so we turned around.  Always save something for the next visit!


Wayne was a fan of the waves.  You won't get those on a calm day!

We stayed in Little Catalina at the Lavenia Rose cottage (Air BNB) and while it was the off season and nothing was really open we were glad that we left home for 2 nights to take some quiet time for ourselves.  Pretty great that the off season price for the 2 bedroom secluded cottage was half the price of nearby Inns during summer!


There was a hiking trail nearby...if you could find it in the overgrown woods.


You know me, always eager for adventure.  And with the water in one direction and the only road in the other direction it was kind of hard to get truly lost even if the markers were knocked over.


I saw British Soldiers on a log, which was a treat since I haven't seen them in quite awhile.


And a surprise platform with a view of Little Catalina harbor was a nice reward at the end.  When I texted the pic to Wayne his response was "Looks cold".



Yeah, but...


A glass of bourbon and a hot bath after an afternoon of hiking in the cold wind was a nice way to end the day!


I'm going to get at least half a dozen blog posts ready and scheduled, time to get caught up!

1 comment: