NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Hello Sailor

Before I dive into my quick but lovely walk through Lunenburg tonight, I want to respond to Barbara's comment about the lavender syrup.  You use the blooms, and I have picked them right off the plant and used them, but buying them in bulk will obviously be the way to go if you want more than just a few times a year treat. Just buy the food grade, here is the Amazon link for the product that I purchased which was also organic.  Just yesterday I ordered a lavender roobois latte at David's tea, and I have used it in baking in the past as well.

Ok, now I'm going to skip ahead a bit on my current trip because my first acquaintance with the town of Lunenburg in Nova Scotia was just too marvelous to wait.  First I would like to shamelessly plug the tiny house on Air bnb that was my home tonight because it was just the cutest place I might have ever stayed.



It comes with a little kitchen and bathroom not pictured, complete with all you could need. A lovely little deck on the back for relaxing and the hosts are right next door and literally the nicest people I might have ever met.  I'm bringing them a little painted black cat rock next time I stay, of course.


As if all that isn't enough, they left me breakfast on the counter (Wait until morning? You know that didn't happen) and the loveliest looking jam in the fridge.  My new home in Lunenburg, and I hope they do well on their endeavor as hosts because no one deserves the success more!

a couple of nibbles with some tea

Jane and John directed me toward downtown for a quick evening walk before dark, and along the way a local struck up a conversation.  Next thing you know I have a new friend and tour guide and the best town walk I've had in a long time.


I got shown all the restaurants to try when I return in June...


...saw a few lovely murals...


...and even saw a few dorys.


Not many other boats on the go, but I did get to admire Nellie Row which is manned by an all female crew.  Hello Sailor, indeed!  Go get 'em, Girls! (And yes, you know I'm painting that on a rock soon!)


 But for me the historic architecture was the big delight.  I love living in Newfoundland but I guess I'm a bit starved for some architectural detail and Lunenburg has that covered, especially if you're looking for some mansard roofs.


I'll go crazy with my my Canon camera and better lighting on those gems in June, you can be sure.  Hope my impromptu tour guide Patty doesn't mind my sharing the picture I took of her when she stopped at my car to try on some of my frames.  Thanks for the tour, Patty!


 More Nova Scotia to come, I'm so excited to be on the road again!

No comments:

Post a Comment