NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Monday, February 3, 2014

Bacchus and Neptune

Aaah, Bacchus, the Roman god of wine and intoxication.


I got a good laugh out of this mural in Reno's Midtown district.


I hope everyone who indulged during the Superbowl did so responsibly.   The puppies on The Jimmy Fallon Show were wrong predicting the Superbowl winner - guess you can't rely on puppies if you're figuring out who to bet on in sporting events.


What about us?  Wayne worked another overtime shift and then went ice fishing.  Me? Well, I went to the gym, cooked some corned beef and cabbage and washed the kitchen floor on my hands and knees.  No one ever accused me of being a partier, at least not in the last 20 years!  I get my highs off exercise and chocolate, though with the drop in my chocolate consumption I wonder what I'll have to do to get my "lift" instead?  When everyone else was eagerly awaiting kick-off I was counting down the minutes until Shameless and Episodes aired on Showtime.

While I was on the treadmill at the gym I caught the debate over the legalization of marijuana in Colorado.  While not my scene, I think we have better things to do than spend money locking up people for indulging in an intoxicant that is less addictive than cigarettes and alcohol.  I certainly think legalization could aid in regulating the substance, thus making it safer for those who do use.  Alaska seems to be next in line to legalize....I wonder what Sarah Palin thinks of that?  National polling indicates that state legislative bodies in Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont will probably tackle the issue of full legalization this year as well.  Twenty states plus the District of Columbia already have medical marijuana laws in place.

More murals at Monday Mural.

6 comments:

  1. Love the mural! Yeah, I'm surprised Oregon hasn't legalized pot yet. Not my scene, either so I don't really care. I spent Superbowl Sunday the way I always do - by going skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mural. No pot for me.... I'll stay with beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas Fuller seems to know a thing or two. Funny that the quote was put up by beer makers with Bacchus looking pretty sinister. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice looking mural and no doubt has caused more deaths. I'll stick with coffee or tea thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mural. At least the balloon-breaking dog on the Tonight Show retains his perfect record and picked the winners. I personally don't see a down side for legalizing marijuana - we make money on the taxes and it frees up the police for more important things. My only worry is keeping people from driving under the influence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an excellent mural - although with the mention of "craft wine and beer", I'm guessing it's on the side of an off license (liquor store) and might be doing themselves out of business. I'm quite partial to wine and beer but try to avoid drowning by only letting it come up to my knees.

    ReplyDelete