NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SEE PHOTOS IN THEIR FULL 1600 PX. RESOLUTION, VIEW THEM IN THE ALBUM FORMAT BY CLICKING ON THE LEAD PHOTO OR ANY PHOTO IN THE POST. This is especially true for landscape shots. Thanks to Mark for the idea of adding this alert so the photos can be seen at their best!

Friday, February 21, 2014

My Valentine

I know it's a little late to be talking about Valentine's Day.  But I uploaded the pictures from the camera that my husband borrowed last weekend and I could not resist.

Every year for Valentine's Day some of the gentlemen in town get together and take an ice fishing trip.  A few ladies sometimes go along.  I've never been tempted.  Cold and ice, beer and cigarettes and fish stories?  No thank you!

Wayne in the green shirt

This year 8 guys were supposed to go but 4 cancelled at the last minute.  They got a 5 bedroom house all to themselves to get up to mischief in.  I got called to ask how to set the timer on the camera to take the group picture.  Didn't really know how to reply, like anything you do often you just do it without thinking about it.  Obviously they figured it out.


One year he called me to tell me about the cute kitten who was wandering around the frozen lake without a home.  ABSOLUTELY NOT!  was my firm answer to that.  This year when they were loading up in the driveway I said, "Don't even think about bringing home any stray kittens...or puppies or anything else!"


Next year they're renting a shanty for the ice.  Even Wayne conceded it was just too cold with nothing but a portable shelter out there.  Not much fish were caught, but fun was had anyway.

I spent my Valentine's weekend comparing cameras at the camera store and buying warm pajamas at the mall.  I even had a couple of chocolate covered strawberries my mom gave me and watched the movie "50/50" without anyone complaining about how "stupid" it was.  Sometimes time apart is what makes romance really work.

Today the wind is gusting up to 42 mph around here.  It was above freezing for the last 3 days so a little bit of snow melted, but it also means we have a skating rink at the bottom of the driveway!  The romantic plan for today includes my esophageal ablation treatment.  Wayne gets to take care of me after sedation and then work third shift tonight.  In sickness and in health!

3 comments:

  1. take care of you Pam, and I'm sure you both enjoyed your own special time doing what pleased you on the day. 'Cepting I think you might've gotten the best option, where it was warmer some how....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling ok after your procedure.

    We got RAIN yesterday - first time in months. Followed by a little snow last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Pumpkin would love a new kitten friend!

    ReplyDelete